Teuteuf – Technical Project Manager
At MPL Enterprises, we develop websites and apps that are entertaining to our users like geography and photography games. Have you ever heard of Worldle, WhereTaken or Emovi? Yep, this is the kind of stuff that we geek out on and share with the world to create more fun, engagement, and provide a daily educational experience.
We are seeking a full-time Technical Product Manager to join our small and thoughtful team. Our ideal candidate is organized, works well with people–including our internal team as well as our users, and has an eye for design. We are looking for someone who will lead the design, development, testing, and deployment of our games and updates. Are you excited about helping us expand our current content offerings? Do you have a knack for finding website bugs? And do you love collaborating with a small team to implement strategies, as well as develop and improve content as it relates to an overall user experience? You might just be the person that we are looking for!
- You have a love for web technology and educational gaming
- You have strong organizational skills and are able to explain to and educate our users on the integrity of the platform’s brand, aesthetic, and mission.
- Exceptional website navigation skills, with an eye for visually exciting text and image content.
- Strong communication skills are important, as you will be speaking with a variety of individuals. We want someone with authenticity and empathy, and who has the ability to engage and invite others into the conversation when needed.
- Excited and self-motivated to build efficient and effective habits into existing operations, and a desire to design and implement new operational strategies.
- You have a professional and proactive work ethic.
- You enjoy both working independently as well as collaboratively within our small team environment.
- You’re able to manage multiple projects and/or tasks at once.
- You are adaptable to new and upcoming projects that may arise with different required assignments. We want you to be as excited about these new opportunities as we are, so you can help us with our growing and fast-moving company.
- College Degree preferred
Core Duties Include:
- Test and play with our new games and tools
- Complete website “quality assurance” checks
- Increase the productivity and efficiency of releasing our new content
- Managing our game content schedules, ensuring we are on track for upcoming days
- Research games, targets, keywords, etc, which will help to identify new tools, games, and content we will want to create
- Create mockup designs for showing what a web page could potentially look like. You will have templates, but a little creativity could go a long way!
- Collaborate with our writer and developers to move our content from staging to production
- Collaborate with our team to suggest and implement improvements to our website tools based on your testing as well as user feedback
- Monitor User Feedback to identify shortcomings/bugs and to suggest improvements (and implement improvements with the help of our development team)
- Research other brands and websites for competitive analysis as well as potential acquisition targets
- Monitor our competitive landscape, industry standards, and social media tools, and develop internal guidance materials as needed.
- Manage game content ensuring we are on track for upcoming days
- Set up developers with appropriate credentials and technical needs (server logins, etc)
- We are a small team – there are often new and upcoming projects that may arise with different required assignments. We want someone who is adaptable and excited about new opportunities with the growing and fast-moving company.
Bonus–You’re A Rockstar and We’d Love To Know If:
- General familiarity with how code works
- You are an expert with Google Sheets
- Pick up new software/websites easily
- You have a working knowledge of Figma or any Adobe Creative Suite Applications
- Full Time 40 hours per week
- Virtual Position fully remote
- competitive compensation with bonuses on achievements
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
MPL Enterprises is an equal-opportunity employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.